Friday 9 February 2018

Bee mine

Hello lovely people,

Merry Friday everyone, and here I am again with my weekly Dies to Die For DT card.

Now, this is pretty unusual for me...I went back for another play with a stamp set that I used only recently; that doesn't happen often because I am usually too eager to move on to playing with other new stash!
However, these bees are just too cute and I really wanted to make a shaker card with them.

Bee mine Valentine's Day card using Meant to Bee stamps/dies from My Favorite Things

I've heat embossed the hexagon background in white then inked the panel with Distress Oxides.

I stamped the heart trail on the full panel, then die cut the hexagon shape and stuck that to the card front.  I added the plastic pouch to the aperture, piled up my sequins on the hexagon stuck to the card front, and attached the panel over the top, lining it up with the hexagon on the card.

Bee mine Valentine's Day card using Meant to Bee stamps/dies from My Favorite Things

I could have just put the plastic pouch on top of the inked panel and covered the edges with the frame, but I wanted the plastic pouch to be sitting right at the bottom of all the card layers because then it sticks out less and I think it looks neater.

The sentiment is computer generated because the stamp set didn't have the words I wanted!

Bee mine Valentine's Day card using Meant to Bee stamps/dies from My Favorite Things

If I've tempted you with any of the lovely supplies I've used then you can go straight to the individual products via the links at the end of my post or just pop over to Dies to Die For and have a little browse around!

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,



Copic colours;
Yellow stripes: Y15, Y35, Y17
Black stripes / face: T3, T4, T6
Wings: C00, T0

Lovely things I've used from Dies to Die For;
Meant to Bee stamps - My Favorite Things
Meant to Bee dies - My Favorite Things
Honeycomb background stamp - My Favorite Things
Hexagon shaker window and frame - My Favorite Things
Hexagon shaker pouches - My Favorite Things

Other ingredients;
Lemon sherbet sparkly shaker mix (no longer available) - Little Things from Lucy's Cards
Distress Oxides in ...Fossilized amber and Spiced marmalade

6 comments:

  1. Love your bee card Kat, great shaker design. Lovely bee heart trail. Hugs `Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous and unusual shaker card Kat and I can see why you love those little bees..so cute. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous and unusual shaker card Kat.
    http://grsshoes.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog Kat and I love your creations! I'm now a follower huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)