Saturday 26 August 2017

Simply snowflakes

Hello lovely people,

Bank holiday weekend...woohoo!!!  Except that I am working on Monday but hopefully not all day so it's still good.

I thought it would be good to share another couple of cards I made using some of the brand new LOTV stamps before the next lot are out...yes, that's right, there are MORE gorgeous Christmas designs on the way!

I wanted to do something a little different using the tiny snowflakes and some coloured ink pads.

CAS Christmas card with strip of snowflakes using LOTV stamps

I've stamped a strip with various snowflakes and mounted it on the card front then layered white card above and below on foam pads.

I added little crystal dots to the centres of the larger snowflakes.

CAS Christmas card with strip of snowflakes using LOTV stamps

While I had the snowflakes inked up I decided to attempt something a little more adventurous and made a wreath design.

I drew a faint circle to guide my stamping, which can easily be rubbed out afterwards, once the ink has fully dried so you don't smudge the snowflakes!

CAS Christmas card with snowflake wreath using LOTV stamps

The sentiment on this and the first card are from the new stamp sets; there's such a variety of styles that there really is one to suit every card!

I mounted the wreath onto co-ordinating pearl card and again, I added crystal dots to the larger snowflake centres.

CAS Christmas card with snowflake wreath using LOTV stamps

I hope you are all having a great weekend, whatever you are getting up to!

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,



Lovely things I've used;
Retro Christmas Greeting by LOTV (I cut the snowflakes out to use individually)
Merry Christmas Greetings by LOTV
White Blizzard Crystal Nuvo Drops by Tonic Studios

7 comments:

  1. Love these contemporary cards Kat, so pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are very different for you...but lovely Kat! Enjoy your weekend.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty and modern. When I stamp a wreath I use a circle template and stamp around the edge, take off the template and stamp inside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two fabulous cards. I love the simplicity of the, both x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards Kat the snowflakes look so pretty and I love the colour you have used. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elegant and lovely CAS design Kat. Love the shades of purple for Christmas, so makes me think of snow and crisp Winter air! Love these. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two very classy cards Kat, love the colours and designs.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)