Tuesday 8 August 2017

Patchwork sewing hoop

Hello lovely people,

I hope everyone's week is going well so far...and hasn't been too wet!  You'd never guess it was August would you?!

I'm looking forward to a couple of days off with plenty of crafting planned :-)

Today I have one of my embroidery hoops to share with you.

I wanted to make a decorative item for my sister-in-law's birthday and since she makes pretty things with felt and fabric, I made this sewing-themed design for her to hang in her creative space.

Sewing themed decorated wooden embroidery hoop

The image is from a brilliant cross-stitch themed stamp set and I printed the text on my computer.

Sewing themed decorated wooden embroidery hoop

I thought it would be really cute to create a patchwork background using tiny hexagons die cut from several different papers and my new Pion papers were perfect for this with the cute ditsy patterns.

Sewing themed decorated wooden embroidery hoop

The fab dies and stamps I've used are from Dies to Die For and you can click on the links or just pop over to the shop for a little browse around...you never know what might take your fancy - lol!

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,


Copic colours;
Pink flowers: RV32, R83, RV34
Blue flower: B41, B23
Leaves: YG25, YG17

Lovely things I've used from Dies to Die For;
Hand Stitched stamp set - Neat and Tangled
Circle STAX 1 - My Favorite Things
Circle STAX 2 - My Favorite Things
Inside and out stitched circle STAX - My Favorite Things
Stitched hexagon STAX - My Favorite Things


Other ingredients;
Patchwork of Life and Dearest Sofia 12 x 12" papers - Pion Design
Flowers, buttons, pins, cotton reel - from stash

8 comments:

  1. What a beautifully decorated sewing hoop. Love the patchwork background and super embellishments. Your sister-in-law will treasure it I am sure. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely charming Kat and she is going to love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a wonderfully thought out gift. So pretty and I love the patchwork and that cute little cotton bobbin x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous. This is absolutely fab x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous Kat, I love everything about it from the pretty papers to the cute little cotton reel. I'm sure it will have pride of place in your sister in law's workroom :)
    Hugs Kaz xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous gift! Love all your details, made so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  7. FABulous project Kat..simply gorgeous and such a clever idea..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)