Monday 26 September 2016

Halloween kitties and pumpkins

Hello lovely people,

I have been enjoying a day off work today as I worked at the weekend and I have barely emerged from my craft room all day!

Despite working, I did find time to play with one of the latest LOTV images and the Design Team have been getting spoooooky because it will soon be Halloween!

I don't usually make Halloween cards so don't have any specific Halloween paper pads, but I had a rummage around and came up with some great Halloween coloured papers...from 3 different collections!  I have one from Maja Design (orange stars), one from Graphic 45 (spotty) and one from MME (black), but don't they all go nicely together?!

I acquired some fab border dies from a lovely friend (thank you!) and couldn't wait to put one of them to good use on this design :-)

Oh, and the stars are a new die set too!

Halloween card with cats and pumpkins (image from LOTV)

I've used the digi image and sentiment for this card, and I do like that I can resize them to suit my card design, but they will also be available in rubber very soon.

Halloween card with cats and pumpkins (image from LOTV)

In case you were wondering, here's a little pic of some more of the great Halloween images available from LOTV...


Gosh, is it only Monday still?  Oh well, I wish you all a good week :-)

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,



Card recipe;
DP: various
Ribbon: from stash
Dies: Scalloped borders two - Spellbinders, Star flourish - Xcut

Copic colours;
Pumpkins: YR21/23/24/27
Leaves: YG95/97
Grass: YG93/95/97
Cats / frame / spider: T5/6/7/10
Spiderweb: T0/1/2
Background: B0000/000/blender



21 comments:

  1. Hi Kat glad you got to spend a lovely day in the craft room! I love your fun Halloween card!
    Hugs Lynsey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Halloween card. Fab colouring of the image and the papers are fab, you wouldn't think they were from different pads. Glad you had a nice crafty day.
    Deborah A

    ReplyDelete
  3. So precious and fun! Love your coloring on that cute image and all the paper you used with it. Delightful!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a Halloween person but I do love your card! Super colouring as usual Kat and great finds with the papers! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. FABULOUS card Kat and love the cute image..brilliant colouring and the papers are perfect..I'm not a Halloween person either except for DT's and you just gave me a fabulous heads up idea on papers other than Halloween..love the dies too.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Kat... Love the papers...
    Love your photos in the last post...
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow... you really rocked this Halloween creation Kat... and even got your trademark stitching in too! You've used perfect papers, fabulous diecuts (those trailing stars are particularly gorgeous), and of course, I love your stunning colouring!

    Christinex x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You wouldnt think the papers werent from the same pad!! Its gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous Kat! Love the layout! I love Halloween cards but always struggle to find suitable papers
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous halloween card Kat, I love that image and the colouring is gorgeous. They really look a pair a mischievous kittens. The backing papers work really well together and super die cuts. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful Halloween card Kat - I love it!
    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh I love that star flourish die. It's fab.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kat - this is the most gorgeous card. Your colouring is really beautiful - I love the depth of colour you have achieved on the kitties! Your card design looks wonderful with those papers (who needs halloween papers eh)? and you have made better use of the border die than I ever could have.

    A truly exquisite halloween card.

    Sue...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous Halloween card, love the layout and design here and your gorgeous colouring of this fun image too.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lucky you - a whole day in the craftroom! - and you certainly made the most of it. l love this cute image and the colours are just perfect. It just goes to prove that you don't need to go overboard with Halloween papers or embellies embellies - the colours and shapes say it all hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous Halloween card, a really cute image which you have coloured beautifully.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's the weekend, whoop whoop! Finally a few minutes to catch up with my crafty pals. LOVE this gorgeous card Kat. I know I left you some love already, on FB, but it's the first chance I've had all week to jump on my PC. Life is surely interesting right now and super busy! But I've been craving a little crafty pal catch up, so here I am. Love the colour choices on this one hun, the cat's look amazing and your colouring on those pumpkins, well, you have a magic touch, that's for sure! Love the main dotty background paired with that fab starry Maja paper and the purple gives it that fabulous pop of colour to finish. LOVE it!! Big hugs to you my sweet friend and wishes for a fabulous weekend. It's already Saturday here! Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. The many different elements of this work really well together. I particularly think the orange spotty ribbon gives it zing. The purple edging & flourishes are perfect too. It goes without saying that your colouring is fantastic as usual! Love Mum x

    ReplyDelete
  19. The many different elements of this work really well together. I particularly think the orange spotty ribbon gives it zing. The purple edging & flourishes are perfect too. It goes without saying that your colouring is fantastic as usual! Love Mum x

    ReplyDelete
  20. How cute! hahahah... cats with fangs!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I wish I was talented and patient like u. You can get more patterns about halloween pop up cards on the website. View more designs from them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)