Tuesday 23 December 2014

Gift box

Hello lovely people,

It's time for a new challenge at Top Tip Tuesday and our theme this time is...

MAKE YOUR OWN

So, we want to see something you have created from scratch, maybe an embellishment or special papercraft item - get creative!  And don't forget to tell us what you have handmade in your blog post!

Our sponsor this time is Bugaboo with a fab prize...

I have made my own gift box to present some sweet treats in.



I didn't have a template, I just decided what size box I needed and built up the sides of the box with 2 layers of cardboard to make it really sturdy.


I left some small flaps at the bottom of the box so it could be attached to the base then covered the inside of the base with another piece of card.
I decorated the sides with pretty paper, some die cut corners, lace, twine and flowers.


Then the naughty bit...some salted caramel mocha fudge to go inside...mmmmmm!
If I've tempted you to have a go at making some of this delicious fudge yourself then you can find the recipe here!


Box recipe;
DP: Vintage spring basics - Maja Design (available from Live and Love Crafts)
Lace: from stash
Die: Filigree corner - La La Land

I hope you will pop over to Top Tip Tuesday and check out the fabulously creative projects from the rest of the team and there are some great tips for you too :-)

Thanks for visiting and I really appreciate any comments that you leave,


4 comments:

  1. Ooooh that does look tempting and that box is gorgeous...a lovely keepsake....for more fudge maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a stunning box. I love the papers and gorgeous detailing.
    Your fudge looks yummy - I shall be looking at the recipe later!
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous gift box even more so with the delicious sweets inside. Love the papers you used. Beautifully made.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi sweetie, I am always blown away when I come here, gorgeous work as always!! huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)