Sunday 22 June 2014

Shabby elegance

Hello lovely people,

Thank you to everyone who is here with me on my new blog and I really appreciate you taking the time to switch over.

I have had a few days off work and have been enjoying the gorgeous sunshine, the best bit was the mini Magnum I had earlier this morning in the garden - yum!
I have still found time to do some crafting especially as I feel like I'm on a bit of a roll right now!

Today I have a rare non-DT card just so I can enter a few challenges and because I really wanted to use my new collection of Pion papers!  They are so beautiful and lent themselves perfectly to a shabby chic card with a really soft colour palette.

All the DP panels have been distressed, inked and stitched plus I added a little swirl stamp detail to two corners of the main panel.


Some of you will already know that I am taking the class on skin and hair colouring at Kit and Clowder so I chose this image as a good one to practice on.  Plus she is just such a fab image and I haven't used her for a while... not surprising given how many stamps I have - lol!


For anyone who is interested to see the difference the colouring classes are making, I thought I would share my previous version of this image, coloured in May 2013.  The shading on the clothing is not particularly better in the new version but I feel there is much more depth, contrast and texture in the skin/hair.  And she has a nose in the latest version!


I had fun layering up the elements across the front of the card, gathering the lace slightly to add dimension and finishing with the roses and a couple of pearls sprinkled into the mix.


Copic colours;
Skin: E000/00/21/11/04 & R20
Eyes: B0000 & B91/93
Lips: R20/22
Hair: E50/53/35
Shirt: BG70/72/93
Top: T0/2
Trousers: E81/42/55
Hat: T0/1/2/4
Flowers: YR30/Y21/35
Grass: YG61/G21/YG63/67

Card recipe;
Image: Country Mama - Saturated Canary (now retired so unavailable)
DP: Shoreline Treasures - Pion (available from Live and Love Crafts)
Sentiment: Mini clear sentiment set - Kaisercraft
Corner swirl stamps: Grunge corners - LOTV

Thanks for popping in and I hope you have all had a lovely weekend :-)

 

Challenges I am entering;
1.  Kit and Clowder (shabby chic)
2.  Papertake Weekly (lace and pearls)
3.  Divas by Design (3+ layers)
4.  A Creative Romance (anything goes +/- Happy Birthday)
5.  Bunny Zoe Crafts (layers)

12 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card Kat! Oh yummy a mini Magnum it sounds divine! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous, love the image your colouring is stunning.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely card Kat and great papers...yum!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous papers and love the image, not seen her before. Fabulous colouring on her hair and skin especially. Absolutely love the layout and layering too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card Kat. I love the pretty image, your colouring is wonderful and the papers are gorgeous. All your detailing looks so beautiful too.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful coloring Kat. I need to take that class. Just a lovely card with those wonderful layers. I love it...Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, she is stunning hun (in both pics, but I see what you mean about her hair and skin tones) - amazing work indeed. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card and beautiful colouring. Thanks for joining in at Papertake, Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just popping back again Kat...Thanks for playing along with us at Divas this week, LOVE your gorgeous card.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You can totally tell the difference, Kat. Especially love the hair. I wish I could pull that off. :)
    Have a great day, my friend...

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so beautiful, those papers are gorgeous and I love your layout! I thought your colouring was beautiful already but it has improved even more!
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh hunny this card is totally STUNNING I love love LOVE it! love both colours too! the first one is my fav as she is the most like me her low lights and the colours of her outfit! thehehe GREAT card hunny hugs me xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)