Wednesday 5 June 2013

Hair that is different

Hello lovely people,

I am running rather late in posting this card for the SC challenge.  You know sometimes you just can't seem to get things to go how you want?  That was me with this card :-(


So, possibly out of frustration with the card, I ended up with quite a plain finish to it but I think it works.  I guess I could add on a sentiment at a later date if needed.  I did really like the double bow though!



I also enjoyed colouring the hair pinky purple even if it's not my best colouring and I added a bit of sparkle to the bottom of the dress and the umbrella although the stuff on the umbrella doesn't show up all that well.


Card recipe;
Image: Let it Rain from Saturated Canary
DP: Maja Design Vintage Spring Basics
Seam binding: from Wild Orchid Crafts
Heart button: made by my sister-in-law
Pearls: from The Hobby House

Copic colours;
Skin: E0000/000/00 & R30
Hair: RV91/93/95
Dress: B0000/000/91
Apron: E81 & YR30
Boots: E81/84/87 & YR30 & RV69
Umbrella: B0000/000

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges;
1.  Saturated Canary (hair that is different)
2.  Papertake Weekly (anything goes)

Today was clearly not going to be my day as I also missed the delivery of my new craft goodies because I was out with Dr Hubby collecting rather a lot of wood.  He is currently in the garden making a seriously over-engineered but hugely impressive compost bin with 3 bays for compost!  And I will have to wait until Friday for my craft bits to be re-delivered :-(

Thanks for visiting,

Hugs,
Kat xx

4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Kat, I love the pretty image and your colouring is fabulous, especially her hair! The delicate papers and bow are so beautiful too
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This color combination is very interesting to me. I think I like it! :) Perfect coloring!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Kat. the image looks fab and so beautifully coloured and I love the layout and stitching.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this hair colour!
    Thanks for sharing with us all at Saturated Canary Challenges!x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment; I love to read them :-)